Long Island News
East Hampton landlord facing charges over videotaping tenants
EAST HAMPTON (WABC) -- A Long Island landlord who allegedly spied on summer renters with hidden cameras will be arraigned on criminal charges Wednesday.
Donald Torr, of Celebration, Florida, was under investigation after several families sued him for videotaping renters of his Winterberry Lane property in East Hampton last year without their permission.
The lawsuit said video cameras were pointed at beds, including from a bedroom radiator and a television speaker, and others were in the shower areas.
The tapes ran 24 hours a day, and some footage allegedly shows victims in the nude.
East Hampton police and the Suffolk County District Attorney investigated and reviewed the tapes.
long island, east hampton, video, long island news
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian diplomat
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- Next City Council Speaker likely Melissa Mark-Viverito
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- O' Christmas tree, you're alive?! Student scares school
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos