Long Island News
Teen dead, 3 hurt in horrific Long Island crash
MIDDLE ISLAND (WABC) -- A teenager is dead and two others are hurt after a horrific accident on Long Island early Friday.
The crash happened on Gray Avenue in Medford around 2 a.m.
Authorities say the driver, 17-year-old David Longford, lost control and flipped the car, landing upside down.
Passenger David Ross, 16, was ejected from the vehicle. He was rushed to Brookhaven Memorial Hospital, where he later died.
Longford and a 17-year-old male passenger, both of Medford, were transported to Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center for non-life-threatening injuries. Another male passenger, 15, was transported to Saint Charles Hospital in Port Jefferson for non-life-threatening injuries.
Police are now looking into whether wet roads played a role in the crash.
Longford was issued a summons for unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.
The vehicle was impounded for a safety check and the investigation is continuing.
Detectives are asking anyone with information about this crash to contact the Sixth Squad at 631-854-8652 or call anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS. All calls will remain confidential.
long island, middle island, suffolk county, accident, long island news
- Newtown 911 calls released 8 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Mayor-elect de Blasio names deputy mayor
- Moriches boat crash injures 3 fishermen
- Search for missing teenager in Linden, New Jersey
- Woman's body discovered in Rochelle Park
- Wake for one of high school sweethearts killed in crash
- 5-year old girl from East Harlem missing
- Prospect Park Zoo welcomes two new Zebus
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos