Long Island News
Furniture deliveryman accused of groping Baldwin woman
BALDWIN (WABC) -- Police in Baldwin have arrested a furniture deliveryman on charges of groping a woman.
The alleged incident happened shortly after noon on Tuesday.
According to detectives, Rafael Garcia, 37, of Central Islip, was inside a residence on Washington St. delivering furniture, when he put his hand on a female victim's lower back and then down onto her buttocks. When the woman proceeded to walk up the stairs, investigators said Garcia followed her and bent over to look up her dress.
Garcia, who is employed by Bob's Furniture Store, was arrested on Thursday. He is being charged with Forcible Touching.
Detectives ask anyone who has been victimized by this defendant to call the First Squad at 516-573-6156.
long island, baldwin, crime, long island news
- Autistic boy missing in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 2 dead after wreck on Southern State
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees terrorized; car parts stolen in Elizabeth store
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen