Long Island News
Furniture deliveryman accused of groping Baldwin woman
BALDWIN (WABC) -- Police in Baldwin have arrested a furniture deliveryman on charges of groping a woman.
The alleged incident happened shortly after noon on Tuesday.
According to detectives, Rafael Garcia, 37, of Central Islip, was inside a residence on Washington St. delivering furniture, when he put his hand on a female victim's lower back and then down onto her buttocks. When the woman proceeded to walk up the stairs, investigators said Garcia followed her and bent over to look up her dress.
Garcia, who is employed by Bob's Furniture Store, was arrested on Thursday. He is being charged with Forcible Touching.
Detectives ask anyone who has been victimized by this defendant to call the First Squad at 516-573-6156.
long island, baldwin, crime, long island news
- 3 lanes blocked on GWB due to maintenance
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Bipolar teen missing from Suffolk County
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen