Long Island News
Long Island dad charged with DWI with son in car
HICKSVILLE (WABC) -- A father on Long Island is charged with aggravated DWI, accused of having his young son riding along with him in the car.
The crime is a felony under Leandra's Law.
Officers spotted 49-year-old Cirilo Francisco-Diaz, of Westbury, speeding and weaving in and out of lanes on West Old Country Road in Hicksville just after 1 a.m. Sunday.
The cop who pulled him over says the suspect's 10-year-old son was in the front passenger seat at the time.
The boy was released to a family friend.
long island, hicksville, westbury, drunk driving, leandra's law, long island news
- Teen clerk beaten in deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey 3 min ago
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 1 min ago
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
- Surprise field day for kids from burned-down school
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos