Long Island News
Long Island dad charged with DWI with son in car
HICKSVILLE (WABC) -- A father on Long Island is charged with aggravated DWI, accused of having his young son riding along with him in the car.
The crime is a felony under Leandra's Law.
Officers spotted 49-year-old Cirilo Francisco-Diaz, of Westbury, speeding and weaving in and out of lanes on West Old Country Road in Hicksville just after 1 a.m. Sunday.
The cop who pulled him over says the suspect's 10-year-old son was in the front passenger seat at the time.
The boy was released to a family friend.
long island, hicksville, westbury, drunk driving, leandra's law, long island news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- Search for hit and run driver in fatal crash
- LIRR, NJT ban booze ahead of Santacon
- Mayor-elect de Blasio to visit White House
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Budget vote approved in the House
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees