Long Island News
Woman claims her St. James house is haunted
ST. JAMES, N.Y. (WABC) -- A Long Island woman lost her husband in a horrific blaze eight years ago, and now a firefighter's widow says her house is haunted.
The home is located in St. James.
Armed with holy water, a crucifix and burning sage to ward off evil spirits, Jeanette Meyran says laugh if you want, but you don't live here.
"They practiced witchcraft here, occult, tortured animals here, and we found bones everywhere," said Jeanette Meyran, the homeowner.
She would not let Eyewitness News inside her home, but says the evil spirits she and her three kids have encountered for five years are real. She insists she has surveillance video to prove it.
"You see a green mass and skeletal moving masses," Meyran said.
She says she's made investments in this property like the back porch, pool, koi pond, to be an oasis to give her peace, and despite the odd occurrences she won't go anywhere.
"Why should I have to give this up?" Meyran said.
Jeanette talks about footsteps, growling, heads with horns and awful smells but also about angels.
"Kind of transparent, you can see the head and huge wings," Meyran said.
That, she believes, is connected to her late husband, Firefighter Kurt Meyran, who was killed in the line of duty eight years ago.
"This is spiritual warfare!" Meyran said.
The SyFy Channel has done an episode on her. So far no paranormal expert has been able to move anything on, but she's not moving either.
long island, long island news, michelle charlesworth
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold 6 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 6 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Bronx sweep nets suspected gang members
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
6 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos