Long Island News
Man accused of using skimming device at Long Island banks
CENTRAL ISLIP (WABC) -- A Romanian citizen is facing charges on Long Island after police say he used a skimming device to steal money from two ATMs.
Authorities say say Marian Serban installed the device and a video camera at Astoria Federal Savings banks in Kings Park and Huntington Station.
They say he stole $9,700 from 13 people and gained access to the financial information of 25 accounts.
Serban, 43, resides in Romania and has been known to stay at various hotels when in the United States. He has previously traveled to Miami, Florida and Las Vegas, Nevada.
He is charged with grand larceny and identity theft.
long island, huntington, theft, long island news
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers
- Freight train, truck collide in West Nyack
- Surveillance video released in "Baby Angel" case
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- Photos: Long Island Rail Road massacre
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Robinson Cano to sign with Mariners
- Photos: Robinson Cano through the years
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos