Long Island News
Man accused of using skimming device at Long Island banks
CENTRAL ISLIP (WABC) -- A Romanian citizen is facing charges on Long Island after police say he used a skimming device to steal money from two ATMs.
Authorities say say Marian Serban installed the device and a video camera at Astoria Federal Savings banks in Kings Park and Huntington Station.
They say he stole $9,700 from 13 people and gained access to the financial information of 25 accounts.
Serban, 43, resides in Romania and has been known to stay at various hotels when in the United States. He has previously traveled to Miami, Florida and Las Vegas, Nevada.
He is charged with grand larceny and identity theft.
long island, huntington, theft, long island news
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park