Long Island News
Man accused of using skimming device at Long Island banks
CENTRAL ISLIP (WABC) -- A Romanian citizen is facing charges on Long Island after police say he used a skimming device to steal money from two ATMs.
Authorities say say Marian Serban installed the device and a video camera at Astoria Federal Savings banks in Kings Park and Huntington Station.
They say he stole $9,700 from 13 people and gained access to the financial information of 25 accounts.
Serban, 43, resides in Romania and has been known to stay at various hotels when in the United States. He has previously traveled to Miami, Florida and Las Vegas, Nevada.
He is charged with grand larceny and identity theft.
long island, huntington, theft, long island news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow heads into NYC after hitting southern, central NJ
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- New warning about potentially dangerous toys
- MTA announces new safety measures after Metro-North derailment
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Giants playoff hopes eliminated after Chargers loss
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Broncos' Matt Prater sets NFL record with 64-yard FG
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos