Long Island News
Police shooting suspect charged in Albertson, Nassau County
ALBERTSON, New York (WABC) -- A man shot during a confrontation with police in Albertson has been charged in the case.
According to detectives, while pulling into his driveway on Netz Place, a 22 year old man was confronted by Brian Reilly.
Reilly, 56, allegedly pointed what the victim believed to be a black handgun at him. Reilly, without words being spoken, then continued on down the block. The victim then called 911 for help.
A short time later, investigators spotted Reilly walking on Netz Place.
Upon confronting Reilly and ordering him to show his hands, police say the defendant pulled what appeared to be a black handgun from his waistband and pointed it at the officers forcing them to withdraw their weapons and fire.
Reilly was struck three times by the three shots that were fired, one in each leg and the third in his right hand.
Reilly was taken into custody and to an area hospital where he was admitted with non-life threatening gunshot wounds.
The weapon that Reilly threatened the officers with turned out to be a black BB handgun, investigators said.
Reilly is charged with 2 counts of Menacing a Police Officer, Menacing 2nd Degree, and 2 counts of Possession of a Dangerous Weapon 4th Degree. He will be arraigned as soon as practical.
long island, long island news
- AccuWeather: Snow, ice and rain for Saturday
- 7 On Your Side gets back $1-million dollars in 2013
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- New York City issues snow alert
- Police searching for missing Rider U student 36 min ago
- Newtown victims to be remembered Saturday
- Photos: Photos of the Newtown school shooting victims
- Christie appointee resigns amid probe 45 min ago
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- 2,500 Fordham University applicants misled by email
- JFK customs seize cocaine in hair care products
- Mega Millions rises to $425M for Friday drawing
- Secret Sales: Dark Chocolate Espresso Beans and Photo Books