Long Island News
Police shooting suspect charged in Albertson, Nassau County
ALBERTSON, New York (WABC) -- A man shot during a confrontation with police in Albertson has been charged in the case.
According to detectives, while pulling into his driveway on Netz Place, a 22 year old man was confronted by Brian Reilly.
Reilly, 56, allegedly pointed what the victim believed to be a black handgun at him. Reilly, without words being spoken, then continued on down the block. The victim then called 911 for help.
A short time later, investigators spotted Reilly walking on Netz Place.
Upon confronting Reilly and ordering him to show his hands, police say the defendant pulled what appeared to be a black handgun from his waistband and pointed it at the officers forcing them to withdraw their weapons and fire.
Reilly was struck three times by the three shots that were fired, one in each leg and the third in his right hand.
Reilly was taken into custody and to an area hospital where he was admitted with non-life threatening gunshot wounds.
The weapon that Reilly threatened the officers with turned out to be a black BB handgun, investigators said.
Reilly is charged with 2 counts of Menacing a Police Officer, Menacing 2nd Degree, and 2 counts of Possession of a Dangerous Weapon 4th Degree. He will be arraigned as soon as practical.
long island, long island news
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash 26 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Missing autistic boy found in Brooklyn
- Employees terrorized; car parts stolen in Elizabeth store
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland 55 min ago
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- South Korea ferry captain arrested; death toll at 32
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
26 min ago
- Death toll rises to 13 in Mount Everest...
10 min ago