Long Island News
Long Island man accused of sexually assaulting 12-year old boy
LEVITTOWN, N.Y. (WABC) -- A Long Island man is accused of sexually assaulting a 12-year old boy.
Police say 54-year old Joseph Tucciarone of Levittown befriended the boy during September 2012.
According to investigators, Tucciarone would offer candy to the victim and a prolonged relationship developed as he invited the boy to his home and allowed him to become comfortable with him.
Police say the relationship became sexual in November 2012, leading to approximately 12 encounters through April of 2013.
The parents of the victim then learned of the relationship and contacted police.
Tucciarone is charged with Endangering the Welfare of a Child, Criminal Sexual Act 1st Degree and Course of Sexual Conduct Against a Child 1st Degree.
long island, child sex assault, long island news
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd 40 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday 16 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K 20 min ago
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority 29 min ago
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run 37 min ago
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
40 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
16 min ago