Long Island News
Long Island man accused of sexually assaulting 12-year old boy
LEVITTOWN, N.Y. (WABC) -- A Long Island man is accused of sexually assaulting a 12-year old boy.
Police say 54-year old Joseph Tucciarone of Levittown befriended the boy during September 2012.
According to investigators, Tucciarone would offer candy to the victim and a prolonged relationship developed as he invited the boy to his home and allowed him to become comfortable with him.
Police say the relationship became sexual in November 2012, leading to approximately 12 encounters through April of 2013.
The parents of the victim then learned of the relationship and contacted police.
Tucciarone is charged with Endangering the Welfare of a Child, Criminal Sexual Act 1st Degree and Course of Sexual Conduct Against a Child 1st Degree.
long island, child sex assault, long island news
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder 23 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing teen Muslim girl
- NYPD to end Muslim surveillance program
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Jackie Robinson debut
- Miley Cyrus skips concert, is hospitalized
- Boston marks 1 year since deadly Marathon bombings
- Dog saved from burning home in Brooklyn by FDNY
- 13-year-old bystander shot in head in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
23 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos