Long Island News
Long Island man accused of sexually assaulting 12-year old boy
LEVITTOWN, N.Y. (WABC) -- A Long Island man is accused of sexually assaulting a 12-year old boy.
Police say 54-year old Joseph Tucciarone of Levittown befriended the boy during September 2012.
According to investigators, Tucciarone would offer candy to the victim and a prolonged relationship developed as he invited the boy to his home and allowed him to become comfortable with him.
Police say the relationship became sexual in November 2012, leading to approximately 12 encounters through April of 2013.
The parents of the victim then learned of the relationship and contacted police.
Tucciarone is charged with Endangering the Welfare of a Child, Criminal Sexual Act 1st Degree and Course of Sexual Conduct Against a Child 1st Degree.
long island, child sex assault, long island news
- Yonkers family jumps from window to escape fire 39 min ago
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: 4 injured in Yonkers fire
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Spring Valley police to announce arrest in Baby Angel case
- Black ice warnings as bitter cold sets in 57 min ago
- Tourist who lost leg in taxi crash sues city
- NYC baby brought to hospital by parents pronounced dead 12 min ago
- FDA pushes to get antibiotics out of meat 20 min ago
- LI pet store thief wanted for stealing puppy 13 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela ceremony called a 'fake' 22 min ago
- Black ice warnings as bitter cold sets in
57 min ago