Long Island News
Long Island firefighter accused of torching Jeep after argument
NORTH BELLMORE (WABC) -- A Long Island firefighter could be looking at jail time after police say he torched a car after an argument.
The Nassau County Arson and Bomb Squad says North Bellmore firefighter Matthew Greve will be arraigned in Hempstead on arson charges.
Investigators say he filled a water bottle with gasoline and then used it to torch a Jeep Cherokee.
The vehicle was destroyed.
Police say Greve did it after a dispute escalated because he had a grudge against the owner.
long island, north bellmore, nassau county, arson, long island news
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park 7 min ago
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son 12 min ago
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Animal activists to protest outside Liam Neeson's home
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- South Korea ferry captain arrested; death toll at 32