Long Island News
Long Island firefighter accused of torching Jeep after argument
NORTH BELLMORE (WABC) -- A Long Island firefighter could be looking at jail time after police say he torched a car after an argument.
The Nassau County Arson and Bomb Squad says North Bellmore firefighter Matthew Greve will be arraigned in Hempstead on arson charges.
Investigators say he filled a water bottle with gasoline and then used it to torch a Jeep Cherokee.
The vehicle was destroyed.
Police say Greve did it after a dispute escalated because he had a grudge against the owner.
long island, north bellmore, nassau county, arson, long island news
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze to be laid to rest 24 min ago
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger 2 min ago
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- Sketch released of suspect in Queens attempted luring
- Baby critical after DWI firefighter hits pregnant woman
- Man stiffs livery cab driver, punches him in the face
- Obama's warnings brushed aside by Russia's Vladimir Putin
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Demolition underway after NJ fire;...
2 min ago
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze to...
24 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos