Long Island News
Queens woman arrested on forged prescription charges
EAST MEADOW, N.Y. (WABC) -- A Queens woman has been arrested on charges of trying to fill forged prescriptions at Nassau County drug stores.
Police say 33-year old Cheryl Ann Shearer of Bayside entered a Walgreens drug store in East Meadow Wednesday with a forged prescription for Percocet.
The prescription was denied and Shearer was arrested in the parking lot.
Shearer allegedly left her two male children, an 8 year old and a 10 week old, in her car unattended, while inside the pharmacy.
According to investigators, Shearer repeatedly denied being the parent of the children and claimed to be the babysitter.
The children were released to a family member.
Detectives determined that Shearer had previously presented forged prescriptions at multiple pharmacies in Nassau County over the past three months.
Shearer is charged with seventeen counts of Possession of a Forged Instrument 2nd degree, six counts of Identity theft 1st degree, one count of Endangering the Welfare of Child, and False Personation.
long island, arrest, drug arrest, long island news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster 9 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Fire rips through seven houses in the Bronx
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
9 min ago