Long Island News
Queens woman arrested on forged prescription charges
EAST MEADOW, N.Y. (WABC) -- A Queens woman has been arrested on charges of trying to fill forged prescriptions at Nassau County drug stores.
Police say 33-year old Cheryl Ann Shearer of Bayside entered a Walgreens drug store in East Meadow Wednesday with a forged prescription for Percocet.
The prescription was denied and Shearer was arrested in the parking lot.
Shearer allegedly left her two male children, an 8 year old and a 10 week old, in her car unattended, while inside the pharmacy.
According to investigators, Shearer repeatedly denied being the parent of the children and claimed to be the babysitter.
The children were released to a family member.
Detectives determined that Shearer had previously presented forged prescriptions at multiple pharmacies in Nassau County over the past three months.
Shearer is charged with seventeen counts of Possession of a Forged Instrument 2nd degree, six counts of Identity theft 1st degree, one count of Endangering the Welfare of Child, and False Personation.
long island, arrest, drug arrest, long island news
- Suspect identified in attempted baby abduction 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Party shooting leaves Kean U. student injured
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
- Search for suspects in Riverhead robbery and assault
- Robbery suspect in custody after Astoria manhunt
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Video released in murder of Brooklyn bodega clerk
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Police identify suspect in Bronx subway exposure
- Alleged serial bank robber nabbed in Greenwich Village
- Suspect identified in attempted baby...
2 min ago