Long Island News
Queens woman arrested on forged prescription charges
EAST MEADOW, N.Y. (WABC) -- A Queens woman has been arrested on charges of trying to fill forged prescriptions at Nassau County drug stores.
Police say 33-year old Cheryl Ann Shearer of Bayside entered a Walgreens drug store in East Meadow Wednesday with a forged prescription for Percocet.
The prescription was denied and Shearer was arrested in the parking lot.
Shearer allegedly left her two male children, an 8 year old and a 10 week old, in her car unattended, while inside the pharmacy.
According to investigators, Shearer repeatedly denied being the parent of the children and claimed to be the babysitter.
The children were released to a family member.
Detectives determined that Shearer had previously presented forged prescriptions at multiple pharmacies in Nassau County over the past three months.
Shearer is charged with seventeen counts of Possession of a Forged Instrument 2nd degree, six counts of Identity theft 1st degree, one count of Endangering the Welfare of Child, and False Personation.
long island, arrest, drug arrest, long island news
- Queens third grader fatally struck by truck 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Woman dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Mink coat thieves caught on camera at NYC boutique
- LI nativity theft being investagated as hate crime
- Target data breach leaves customers angry, frustrated
- Friday marks Walcott's last day while schools in session
- MTA launches new apps for LIRR, Metro-North riders
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- 9-year-old bowler in Florida tosses perfect 300 42 min ago