Long Island News
Queens woman arrested on forged prescription charges
EAST MEADOW, N.Y. (WABC) -- A Queens woman has been arrested on charges of trying to fill forged prescriptions at Nassau County drug stores.
Police say 33-year old Cheryl Ann Shearer of Bayside entered a Walgreens drug store in East Meadow Wednesday with a forged prescription for Percocet.
The prescription was denied and Shearer was arrested in the parking lot.
Shearer allegedly left her two male children, an 8 year old and a 10 week old, in her car unattended, while inside the pharmacy.
According to investigators, Shearer repeatedly denied being the parent of the children and claimed to be the babysitter.
The children were released to a family member.
Detectives determined that Shearer had previously presented forged prescriptions at multiple pharmacies in Nassau County over the past three months.
Shearer is charged with seventeen counts of Possession of a Forged Instrument 2nd degree, six counts of Identity theft 1st degree, one count of Endangering the Welfare of Child, and False Personation.
long island, arrest, drug arrest, long island news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash