Long Island News
Queens woman arrested on forged prescription charges
EAST MEADOW, N.Y. (WABC) -- A Queens woman has been arrested on charges of trying to fill forged prescriptions at Nassau County drug stores.
Police say 33-year old Cheryl Ann Shearer of Bayside entered a Walgreens drug store in East Meadow Wednesday with a forged prescription for Percocet.
The prescription was denied and Shearer was arrested in the parking lot.
Shearer allegedly left her two male children, an 8 year old and a 10 week old, in her car unattended, while inside the pharmacy.
According to investigators, Shearer repeatedly denied being the parent of the children and claimed to be the babysitter.
The children were released to a family member.
Detectives determined that Shearer had previously presented forged prescriptions at multiple pharmacies in Nassau County over the past three months.
Shearer is charged with seventeen counts of Possession of a Forged Instrument 2nd degree, six counts of Identity theft 1st degree, one count of Endangering the Welfare of Child, and False Personation.
long island, arrest, drug arrest, long island news
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea 50 min ago
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire 53 min ago
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn 47 min ago
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction 40 min ago
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park