Long Island News
Police hunt suspect in Island Park bank robbery
ISLAND PARK, N.Y. (WABC) -- Nassau County Police are searching for a man caught on camera trying to rob a bank in Island Park Friday.
Police say the man entered the Bank of America on Long Beach Road Friday morning and passed a note to an employee demanding money.
He threatened the use of a gun which was in a holster on his right hip.
According to detectives, he then grabbed the note from the employee and fled the bank with no proceeds.
There were two customers and six employees in the bank at the time, but no one was hurt.
The suspect is described as being 40-45 years of age, 5'10" tall, thin build, wearing a long sleeve white shirt, with a yellow square patch on the left breast pocket and a white and blue patch on his left shoulder.
He was wearing black pants, a black baseball cap with white and red letters and dark sunglasses.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Nassau County Crime Stoppers at 1-800- 244-TIPS.
long island, island park, bank, robbery, long island news
- School bus overturns in Brooklyn; 5 hurt 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman 10 min ago
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway 29 min ago
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time 55 min ago
- Malaysian plane mystery continues 7 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video 38 min ago
- 5 injured when car crashes into Bronx store 11 min ago
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins 59 min ago
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident 5 min ago
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
29 min ago
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
38 min ago
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
59 min ago