Long Island News
Police hunt suspect in Island Park bank robbery
ISLAND PARK, N.Y. (WABC) -- Nassau County Police are searching for a man caught on camera trying to rob a bank in Island Park Friday.
Police say the man entered the Bank of America on Long Beach Road Friday morning and passed a note to an employee demanding money.
He threatened the use of a gun which was in a holster on his right hip.
According to detectives, he then grabbed the note from the employee and fled the bank with no proceeds.
There were two customers and six employees in the bank at the time, but no one was hurt.
The suspect is described as being 40-45 years of age, 5'10" tall, thin build, wearing a long sleeve white shirt, with a yellow square patch on the left breast pocket and a white and blue patch on his left shoulder.
He was wearing black pants, a black baseball cap with white and red letters and dark sunglasses.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Nassau County Crime Stoppers at 1-800- 244-TIPS.
long island, island park, bank, robbery, long island news
- AccuWeather: Snow, ice and rain for Saturday
- 7 On Your Side gets back $1-million dollars in 2013
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- New York City issues snow alert 39 min ago
- Newtown victims to be remembered Saturday 13 min ago
- Photos: Photos of the Newtown school shooting victims
- Christie appointee resigns amid probe 36 min ago
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- 2,500 Fordham University applicants misled by email
- JFK customs seize cocaine in hair care products 22 min ago
- NY lawmakers to announce legislation preventing bridge tolls
- Mega Millions rises to $425M for Friday drawing
- Secret Sales: Dark Chocolate Espresso Beans and Photo Books