Long Island News
Police hunt suspect in Island Park bank robbery
ISLAND PARK, N.Y. (WABC) -- Nassau County Police are searching for a man caught on camera trying to rob a bank in Island Park Friday.
Police say the man entered the Bank of America on Long Beach Road Friday morning and passed a note to an employee demanding money.
He threatened the use of a gun which was in a holster on his right hip.
According to detectives, he then grabbed the note from the employee and fled the bank with no proceeds.
There were two customers and six employees in the bank at the time, but no one was hurt.
The suspect is described as being 40-45 years of age, 5'10" tall, thin build, wearing a long sleeve white shirt, with a yellow square patch on the left breast pocket and a white and blue patch on his left shoulder.
He was wearing black pants, a black baseball cap with white and red letters and dark sunglasses.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Nassau County Crime Stoppers at 1-800- 244-TIPS.
long island, island park, bank, robbery, long island news
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd 26 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday 2 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K 6 min ago
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority 15 min ago
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run 23 min ago
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
26 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
2 min ago