Long Island News
Long Island man charged with DWI with child in vehicle
SOUTHAMPTON, N.Y. (WABC) -- An East Patchogue man is under arrest, charged with driving drunk with a child in his car.
Lawrence Clark of East Patchogue has been charged with aggravated driving while intoxicated with a child passenger less than 16 years old.
That is a felony under Leandra's Law.
Police say his 15-year-old daughter was in the car with him when he was pulled over in Southampton just after midnight Sunday for failing to stay in his lane.
The child was released into the custody of relatives. The vehicle was impounded.
long island, drunk driving, dwi with child, long island news
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it 15 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold 32 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- N.J. woman charged with trying to kill her 3 children 14 min ago
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey 13 min ago
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 48 min ago
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
32 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos