Long Island News
Long Island man charged with DWI with child in vehicle
SOUTHAMPTON, N.Y. (WABC) -- An East Patchogue man is under arrest, charged with driving drunk with a child in his car.
Lawrence Clark of East Patchogue has been charged with aggravated driving while intoxicated with a child passenger less than 16 years old.
That is a felony under Leandra's Law.
Police say his 15-year-old daughter was in the car with him when he was pulled over in Southampton just after midnight Sunday for failing to stay in his lane.
The child was released into the custody of relatives. The vehicle was impounded.
long island, drunk driving, dwi with child, long island news
- 4 more bodies pulled from rubble in East Harlem 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Polar Vortex returns for 1 day
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims 26 min ago
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Newark tanker fire snarls traffic, delays NJ Transit trains
- Photos: Newark tanker fire
- Surveillance in Upper Manhattan attempted rape
- Photos: Suspect wanted in attempted rape and robbery
- George Zimmerman's parents sue Roseanne Barr 13 min ago
- Alleged drunk driver rams crowd, kills 2 at SXSW in Texas 38 min ago
- Malaysia denies report that missing plane kept flying 56 min ago
- Report: Average Wall Street bonus tops $164,000 50 min ago