Long Island News
Long Island man charged with DWI with child in vehicle
SOUTHAMPTON, N.Y. (WABC) -- An East Patchogue man is under arrest, charged with driving drunk with a child in his car.
Lawrence Clark of East Patchogue has been charged with aggravated driving while intoxicated with a child passenger less than 16 years old.
That is a felony under Leandra's Law.
Police say his 15-year-old daughter was in the car with him when he was pulled over in Southampton just after midnight Sunday for failing to stay in his lane.
The child was released into the custody of relatives. The vehicle was impounded.
long island, drunk driving, dwi with child, long island news
- Bus accident on Route 3 in Clifton 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach 57 min ago
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken 58 min ago
- 10 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in Newark
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response 55 min ago
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Annual 'Pokey,' 'Schleppie' awards for MTA bus service
- Rangel announces run for 23rd term
- Jersey City main breaks; boil water advisory in effect
- Screw Magazine publisher Al Goldstein dies at 77
- Georgia winner of Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved...
57 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos