Long Island News
Long Island man charged with DWI with child in vehicle
SOUTHAMPTON, N.Y. (WABC) -- An East Patchogue man is under arrest, charged with driving drunk with a child in his car.
Lawrence Clark of East Patchogue has been charged with aggravated driving while intoxicated with a child passenger less than 16 years old.
That is a felony under Leandra's Law.
Police say his 15-year-old daughter was in the car with him when he was pulled over in Southampton just after midnight Sunday for failing to stay in his lane.
The child was released into the custody of relatives. The vehicle was impounded.
long island, drunk driving, dwi with child, long island news
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery 30 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash 2 min ago
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Missing autistic boy found in Brooklyn
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- South Korea ferry captain arrested; death toll at 32
- Weekend subway changes affecting 11 lines
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
2 min ago