Long Island News
Queens woman killed in crash on LIE in Holtsville
HOLTSVILLE, N.Y. (WABC) -- A woman was killed and her husband injured when the car he was driving crashed early Sunday morning on the Long Island Expressway in Holtsville.
The accident happened at about 4:30 a.m between exits 61 and 62 of the LIE.
Suffolk County Police say 33-year old Matthew Polashek, of Ridgewood, Queens, was heading west when his car veered onto the right shoulder and struck a Dodge pickup truck that was parked there.
His wife, 30-year old Stacie Polashek, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Matthew was taken to Stony Brook Medical Center with non-life-threatening injuries.
The Dodge was disabled and unoccupied at the time.
Both vehicles have been impounded for safety checks.
All westbound lanes of the LIE were closed at Exit 62 and traffic was detoured to the service road while police investigated.
long island, accident, long island expressway, long island news
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's 17 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend 10 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers
- Train derail victim's brother speaks out about her death 17 min ago
- Surveillance video released in "Baby Angel" case
- abcnews: North Korea Deports US War Vet Merrill Newman
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- 'Tips for Jesus' man leaves tips worth thousands 16 min ago
- Beltran, Yankees agree at $45M, 3 years 28 min ago
- Secret Sales: Diamonds, pretzels and iPhone cases
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
10 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos