Long Island News
Queens woman killed in crash on LIE in Holtsville
HOLTSVILLE, N.Y. (WABC) -- A woman was killed and her husband injured when the car he was driving crashed early Sunday morning on the Long Island Expressway in Holtsville.
The accident happened at about 4:30 a.m between exits 61 and 62 of the LIE.
Suffolk County Police say 33-year old Matthew Polashek, of Ridgewood, Queens, was heading west when his car veered onto the right shoulder and struck a Dodge pickup truck that was parked there.
His wife, 30-year old Stacie Polashek, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Matthew was taken to Stony Brook Medical Center with non-life-threatening injuries.
The Dodge was disabled and unoccupied at the time.
Both vehicles have been impounded for safety checks.
All westbound lanes of the LIE were closed at Exit 62 and traffic was detoured to the service road while police investigated.
long island, accident, long island expressway, long island news
- Cuomo to announce deal between MTA and Union 39 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Deal reached on calming Ukraine tensions 34 min ago
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87
- Central Park Conservancy wants horse carriages to stay 54 min ago
- Reservoir to be flushed because of urinating teen
- NYC mayor announces Sandy recovery reforms
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014