Long Island News
Queens woman killed in crash on LIE in Holtsville
HOLTSVILLE, N.Y. (WABC) -- A woman was killed and her husband injured when the car he was driving crashed early Sunday morning on the Long Island Expressway in Holtsville.
The accident happened at about 4:30 a.m between exits 61 and 62 of the LIE.
Suffolk County Police say 33-year old Matthew Polashek, of Ridgewood, Queens, was heading west when his car veered onto the right shoulder and struck a Dodge pickup truck that was parked there.
His wife, 30-year old Stacie Polashek, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Matthew was taken to Stony Brook Medical Center with non-life-threatening injuries.
The Dodge was disabled and unoccupied at the time.
Both vehicles have been impounded for safety checks.
All westbound lanes of the LIE were closed at Exit 62 and traffic was detoured to the service road while police investigated.
long island, accident, long island expressway, long island news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow changes to rain and ice, causing slick roads 42 min ago
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- Obama to pay tribute to Mandela in South Africa 4 min ago
- New warning about potentially dangerous toys
- MTA announces new safety measures after derailment 35 min ago
- New Jersey black bear hunt set for Monday
- Paul Walker memorial draws thousands in California 53 min ago
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos