Long Island News
Queens woman killed in crash on LIE in Holtsville
HOLTSVILLE, N.Y. (WABC) -- A woman was killed and her husband injured when the car he was driving crashed early Sunday morning on the Long Island Expressway in Holtsville.
The accident happened at about 4:30 a.m between exits 61 and 62 of the LIE.
Suffolk County Police say 33-year old Matthew Polashek, of Ridgewood, Queens, was heading west when his car veered onto the right shoulder and struck a Dodge pickup truck that was parked there.
His wife, 30-year old Stacie Polashek, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Matthew was taken to Stony Brook Medical Center with non-life-threatening injuries.
The Dodge was disabled and unoccupied at the time.
Both vehicles have been impounded for safety checks.
All westbound lanes of the LIE were closed at Exit 62 and traffic was detoured to the service road while police investigated.
long island, accident, long island expressway, long island news
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen 58 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees tied up, Car parts stolen in Elizabeth
- Suspect identified in attempted baby abduction
- Ferry captain arrested in South Korea after deadly accident
- Party shooting leaves Kean U. student injured
- Sea Isle fire destroys 3 beachfront homes
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Search for suspects in Riverhead robbery and assault 13 min ago
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Yonkers family outraged after dog mauled by pit bull
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
58 min ago