Long Island News
2 firefighters hurt battling East Patchogue blaze
EAST PATCHOGUE (WABC) -- Two Long Island firefighters are recovering at Brookhaven Memorial Hospital after facing heavy smoke at a fire.
The flames broke out around 3 a.m. at an automotive shop on Montauk Highway in East Patchogue.
The auto body shop was heavily damaged by the fire, which was brought under control after about an hour.
The firefighters were being treated for non-life threatening injuries and were expected to make a full recovery.
The Town of Brookhaven fire marshals office is investigating what caused the fire.
long island, east patchogue, fire, long island news
- Teen clerk beaten in deli robbery; $30,000 stolen 39 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 6 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
- Surprise field day for kids from burned-down school
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT 46 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos