Long Island News
Man stabbed multiple times in South Farmingdale
SOUTH FARMINGDALE, N.Y. (WABC) -- A man in Nassau County was stabbed as many as 10 times Wednesday night.
Police say a 49-year-old man was found stabbed multiple times on the street at Fallwood Parkway and Roberts Street in South Farmingdale just before 9 p.m.
A woman who found the man called 911.
"I turned the corner and I said, 'Are you alright? Should I call an ambulance for you?' she said. "He was in shock, because he never answered me, and when he turned the corner, he was profusely bleeding."
The man was rushed to the hospital, where he is in serious condition.
Police say the victim has a 20-year-old son who is engaged with an ongoing dispute with the 23-year-old suspect, identified as Christopher Rios.
The dispute apparently continued Wednesday afternoon at a gas station where both parties were pumping gas, and then continued further at the house later that night. That's when the stabbing allegedly happened.
Rios was placed under arrest a short time later near Fallwood Parkway and Roberts Street in Farmingdale without incident.
He is charged with first-degree assault.
long island, farmingdale, nassau county, stabbing, long island news, phil lipof
- 3 critical after fire tears through Brooklyn home 33 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt 28 min ago
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Mink coat thieves caught on camera at NYC boutique 17 min ago
- Target data breach leaves customers angry, frustrated 22 min ago
- New York Army cadet accused of emailing child porn 30 min ago
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- Over 75 injured in London theatre roof collapse
- 4 injured, including child in Bronx fire
- String of carjackings in Elizabeth
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident