Long Island News
Man stabbed multiple times in South Farmingdale
SOUTH FARMINGDALE, N.Y. (WABC) -- A man in Nassau County was stabbed as many as 10 times Wednesday night.
Police say a 49-year-old man was found stabbed multiple times on the street at Fallwood Parkway and Roberts Street in South Farmingdale just before 9 p.m.
A woman who found the man called 911.
"I turned the corner and I said, 'Are you alright? Should I call an ambulance for you?' she said. "He was in shock, because he never answered me, and when he turned the corner, he was profusely bleeding."
The man was rushed to the hospital, where he is in serious condition.
Police say the victim has a 20-year-old son who is engaged with an ongoing dispute with the 23-year-old suspect, identified as Christopher Rios.
The dispute apparently continued Wednesday afternoon at a gas station where both parties were pumping gas, and then continued further at the house later that night. That's when the stabbing allegedly happened.
Rios was placed under arrest a short time later near Fallwood Parkway and Roberts Street in Farmingdale without incident.
He is charged with first-degree assault.
long island, farmingdale, nassau county, stabbing, long island news, phil lipof
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer 57 min ago
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park 48 min ago
- Missing autistic boy found in Brooklyn
- Employees terrorized; car parts stolen in Elizabeth store
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland 36 min ago
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- South Korea ferry captain arrested; death toll at 32 43 min ago
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
7 min ago