Long Island News
Man stabbed multiple times in South Farmingdale
SOUTH FARMINGDALE, N.Y. (WABC) -- A man in Nassau County was stabbed as many as 10 times Wednesday night.
Police say a 49-year-old man was found stabbed multiple times on the street at Fallwood Parkway and Roberts Street in South Farmingdale just before 9 p.m.
A woman who found the man called 911.
"I turned the corner and I said, 'Are you alright? Should I call an ambulance for you?' she said. "He was in shock, because he never answered me, and when he turned the corner, he was profusely bleeding."
The man was rushed to the hospital, where he is in serious condition.
Police say the victim has a 20-year-old son who is engaged with an ongoing dispute with the 23-year-old suspect, identified as Christopher Rios.
The dispute apparently continued Wednesday afternoon at a gas station where both parties were pumping gas, and then continued further at the house later that night. That's when the stabbing allegedly happened.
Rios was placed under arrest a short time later near Fallwood Parkway and Roberts Street in Farmingdale without incident.
He is charged with first-degree assault.
long island, farmingdale, nassau county, stabbing, long island news, phil lipof
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos