Long Island News
Man stabbed multiple times in South Farmingdale
SOUTH FARMINGDALE, N.Y. (WABC) -- A man in Nassau County was stabbed as many as 10 times Wednesday night.
Police say a 49-year-old man was found stabbed multiple times on the street at Fallwood Parkway and Roberts Street in South Farmingdale just before 9 p.m.
A woman who found the man called 911.
"I turned the corner and I said, 'Are you alright? Should I call an ambulance for you?' she said. "He was in shock, because he never answered me, and when he turned the corner, he was profusely bleeding."
The man was rushed to the hospital, where he is in serious condition.
Police say the victim has a 20-year-old son who is engaged with an ongoing dispute with the 23-year-old suspect, identified as Christopher Rios.
The dispute apparently continued Wednesday afternoon at a gas station where both parties were pumping gas, and then continued further at the house later that night. That's when the stabbing allegedly happened.
Rios was placed under arrest a short time later near Fallwood Parkway and Roberts Street in Farmingdale without incident.
He is charged with first-degree assault.
long island, farmingdale, nassau county, stabbing, long island news, phil lipof
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow heads into NYC after hitting southern, central NJ 5 min ago
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide 3 min ago
- New warning about potentially dangerous toys 37 min ago
- Yaphank church badly damaged by fire
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Giants playoff hopes eliminated after Chargers loss
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Broncos' Matt Prater sets NFL record with 64-yard FG
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos