Long Island News
Cyclist killed in hit and run in Port Jefferson Station
PORT JEFFERSON STATION (WABC) -- Police in Suffolk County are searching for a driver who hit and killed a man on a bicycle, then took off.
The incident happened Thursday night in Port Jefferson Station.
Officers say 51-year-old Bradford Packer was struck while crossing Route 347 at Route 112 just after 9 p.m.
He was rushed to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Investigators are looking for a light-colored Hyundai sedan with significant front-end damage.
long island, suffolk county, port jefferson, hit and run accident, long island news
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers
- Train derail victim's brother speaks out about her death
- Surveillance video released in "Baby Angel" case
- abcnews: North Korea Deports US War Vet Merrill Newman
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- 'Tips for Jesus' man leaves tips worth thousands
- Beltran, Yankees agree at $45M, 3 years
- Secret Sales: Diamonds, pretzels and iPhone cases
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos