Long Island News
Woman allegedly driving drunk hits teen on scooter in Bellport
BELLPORT (WABC) -- A 73-year-old Long Island woman is charged with drinking and driving after she allegedly hit a teenager with her car.
The 19-year-old victim was riding a scooter with her sister and a friend on Bellport Lane in Bellport around 9 p.m. Tuesday.
Police say Helen Geraghty struck the girl with her 1999 Volkswagen Passat.
The girl was airlifted to Stony Brook University Hospital, where she was being treated.
She is expected to recover.
Geraghty is due in court to be arraigned on drunk driving charges.
long island, bellport, drunk driving, long island news
- Nekisia Davis' mom, Cheryl, stole a 1993 Honda Accord - and she didn't even mean to. 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold 4 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Burlington County woman charged with trying to kill her 3...
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey 23 min ago
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 20 min ago
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
4 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos