Long Island News
Long Island hospital worker accused of stealing patient's necklace
MANHASSET (WABC) -- Police on Long Island have arrested a hospital worker for allegedly stealing a necklace off an elderly patient.
Detectives say 37-year-old Linda Hernandez, of Islip, took the necklace from an 82-year-old man at North Shore University Hospital on July 5.
Authorities reportedly found the necklace, worth about $2,000, at a jewelry store in East Islip.
Hernandez was placed under arrest on Wednesday at 11:30 p.m. in Manhasset without incident.
She is charged with fourth-degree criminal possession of stolen property.
long island, islip, east islip, manhasset, theft, long island news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos