Long Island News
Customers help nab Patchogue Carvel robbery suspect
PATCHOGUE (WABC) -- A man trying to rob a Carvel ice cream store on Long Island was apprehended with the help of some customers.
Suffolk County Police say the man entered the store on East Main Street in Patchogue and removed money from the register.
When he tried to flee, police say he was halted by customers who saw the robbery and held the door closed from the outside, locking him inside the store.
Police say the suspect then smashed through a plate glass window, cutting himself, and took off.
The group of Good Samaritans pursued him and called police.
The suspect was arrested a short time later.
He is identified as 47-year old Glen Gregor of Patchogue.
Gregor was treated for his cuts at Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Center, and is charged with third degree robbery.
long island, patchogue, suffolk county, robbery, long island news
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian diplomat
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- Next City Council Speaker likely Melissa Mark-Viverito
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- O' Christmas tree, you're alive?! Student scares school
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos