Long Island News
Customers help nab Patchogue Carvel robbery suspect
PATCHOGUE (WABC) -- A man trying to rob a Carvel ice cream store on Long Island was apprehended with the help of some customers.
Suffolk County Police say the man entered the store on East Main Street in Patchogue and removed money from the register.
When he tried to flee, police say he was halted by customers who saw the robbery and held the door closed from the outside, locking him inside the store.
Police say the suspect then smashed through a plate glass window, cutting himself, and took off.
The group of Good Samaritans pursued him and called police.
The suspect was arrested a short time later.
He is identified as 47-year old Glen Gregor of Patchogue.
Gregor was treated for his cuts at Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Center, and is charged with third degree robbery.
long island, patchogue, suffolk county, robbery, long island news
- Autistic boy missing in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 2 dead after wreck on Southern State
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees terrorized; car parts stolen in Elizabeth store
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen