Long Island News
Customers help nab Patchogue Carvel robbery suspect
PATCHOGUE (WABC) -- A man trying to rob a Carvel ice cream store on Long Island was apprehended with the help of some customers.
Suffolk County Police say the man entered the store on East Main Street in Patchogue and removed money from the register.
When he tried to flee, police say he was halted by customers who saw the robbery and held the door closed from the outside, locking him inside the store.
Police say the suspect then smashed through a plate glass window, cutting himself, and took off.
The group of Good Samaritans pursued him and called police.
The suspect was arrested a short time later.
He is identified as 47-year old Glen Gregor of Patchogue.
Gregor was treated for his cuts at Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Center, and is charged with third degree robbery.
long island, patchogue, suffolk county, robbery, long island news
- Designer L'Wren Scott dead in apparent suicide 44 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Afternoon
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- St. Pat's parade proceeds amid tension over gays
- Shelton teen critical after being shot in head
- Cop shoots pit bull in Bronx apartment building
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast investigation ramps up
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Crimea parliament declares independence after vote
- Los Angeles earthquake felt by residents
- Photos: Dancing With The Stars Season 18 cast
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon