Long Island News
Woman due in court in deadly Terryville hit and run
TERRYVILLE (WABC) -- A Long Island woman is due in court Thursday, accused of hitting and killing a man on a bicycle.
Police say Janice Montalvo, of Centereach, drove off after she hit 51-year-old Bradford Packer two weeks ago at the intersection of Route 112 and Route 347 in Terryville.
The crash happened just after 9 p.m.
Packer, of Port Jefferson Station, was rushed to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Montalvo was allegedly driving without a license at the time of the crash.
She is charged with leaving the scene of an accident involving a fatality and aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.
long island, suffolk county, port jefferson, hit and run accident, long island news
- Party shooting leaves Kean U. student injured 48 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
- Search for suspects in Riverhead robbery and assault
- Robbery suspect in custody after Astoria manhunt
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Video released in murder of Brooklyn bodega clerk
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Police identify suspect in Bronx subway exposure
- Alleged serial bank robber nabbed in Greenwich Village