Long Island News
Woman due in court in deadly Terryville hit and run
TERRYVILLE (WABC) -- A Long Island woman is due in court Thursday, accused of hitting and killing a man on a bicycle.
Police say Janice Montalvo, of Centereach, drove off after she hit 51-year-old Bradford Packer two weeks ago at the intersection of Route 112 and Route 347 in Terryville.
The crash happened just after 9 p.m.
Packer, of Port Jefferson Station, was rushed to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Montalvo was allegedly driving without a license at the time of the crash.
She is charged with leaving the scene of an accident involving a fatality and aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.
long island, suffolk county, port jefferson, hit and run accident, long island news
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking 33 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Elderly pedestrian hit by two cars in Harlem
- Third grader hit and killed by truck, driver charged
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China 59 min ago
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials
- Photos: Pan Am 103 bombing
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- NASA astronauts begin urgent spacewalking repairs
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
33 min ago