Long Island News
Teenage girl struck by SUV in Nesconset
NESCONSET, N.Y. (WABC) -- Natalie Maloney of Ronkonkoma suffered serious injuries while attempting to cross the four-lane Nesconset Highway.
Maloney, 14, was hit around midnight at the Middle Country Road intersection.
Police say she was crossing the road with a friend, darted out into the westbound lane and didn't see the oncoming vehicle.
The driver attempted to swerve but was unable to avoid hitting her.
Maloney was listed in critical condition at Stony Brook University Hospital on Monday afternoon. No details about her injuries were released.
The driver of the SUV and his passenger were not injured.
The vehicle was impounded for a safety check.
Police ask anyone with information about the crash to call the Fourth Squad at 631 854-8452.
long island, suffolk county, accident, long island news
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- AccuWeather Forecast: More Snow On The Way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- Obama to pay tribute to Mandela in South Africa
- Tough new NYC cockroaches can withstand winter cold
- MTA announces new safety measures after derailment
- Newtown victims families deliver statement 21 min ago
- Joe Torre elected to Baseball Hall of Fame
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area