Long Island News
Teenage girl struck by SUV in Nesconset
NESCONSET, N.Y. (WABC) -- Natalie Maloney of Ronkonkoma suffered serious injuries while attempting to cross the four-lane Nesconset Highway.
Maloney, 14, was hit around midnight at the Middle Country Road intersection.
Police say she was crossing the road with a friend, darted out into the westbound lane and didn't see the oncoming vehicle.
The driver attempted to swerve but was unable to avoid hitting her.
Maloney was listed in critical condition at Stony Brook University Hospital on Monday afternoon. No details about her injuries were released.
The driver of the SUV and his passenger were not injured.
The vehicle was impounded for a safety check.
Police ask anyone with information about the crash to call the Fourth Squad at 631 854-8452.
long island, suffolk county, accident, long island news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead 25 min ago
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- Suspect questioned after body found in container
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11 47 min ago
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- Death toll in South Korea ferry tragedy reaches 58
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- Pope Francis celebrates Easter with prayers for peace
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos