Long Island News
Teenage girl struck by SUV in Nesconset
NESCONSET, N.Y. (WABC) -- Natalie Maloney of Ronkonkoma suffered serious injuries while attempting to cross the four-lane Nesconset Highway.
Maloney, 14, was hit around midnight at the Middle Country Road intersection.
Police say she was crossing the road with a friend, darted out into the westbound lane and didn't see the oncoming vehicle.
The driver attempted to swerve but was unable to avoid hitting her.
Maloney was listed in critical condition at Stony Brook University Hospital on Monday afternoon. No details about her injuries were released.
The driver of the SUV and his passenger were not injured.
The vehicle was impounded for a safety check.
Police ask anyone with information about the crash to call the Fourth Squad at 631 854-8452.
long island, suffolk county, accident, long island news
- Bus accident on Route 3 in Clifton 53 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos 21 min ago
- London theatre roof collapse s; Casualties reported 2 min ago
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- 10 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in Newark
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident 52 min ago
- Rangel announces run for 23rd term
- Jersey City main breaks; boil water advisory in effect
- Screw Magazine publisher Al Goldstein dies at 77
- Georgia winner of Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos