Long Island News
Teenage girl struck by SUV in Nesconset
NESCONSET, N.Y. (WABC) -- Natalie Maloney of Ronkonkoma suffered serious injuries while attempting to cross the four-lane Nesconset Highway.
Maloney, 14, was hit around midnight at the Middle Country Road intersection.
Police say she was crossing the road with a friend, darted out into the westbound lane and didn't see the oncoming vehicle.
The driver attempted to swerve but was unable to avoid hitting her.
Maloney was listed in critical condition at Stony Brook University Hospital on Monday afternoon. No details about her injuries were released.
The driver of the SUV and his passenger were not injured.
The vehicle was impounded for a safety check.
Police ask anyone with information about the crash to call the Fourth Squad at 631 854-8452.
long island, suffolk county, accident, long island news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 30 min ago
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet 12 min ago
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight saving time wrong
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Vietnam says cannot find object from...
12 min ago