Long Island News
Kitten put down after being shot with pellet gun on Long Island
MASSAPEQUA (WABC) -- The Nassau County SPCA is offering a $1,500 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons who shot a kitten with a pellet gun.
The injured 8-week-old kitten was first spotted in Massapequa on July 20, while All About Spay Neuter was working with a Sunset Boulevard resident on a Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) project.
The kitten was trapped on August 2 and taken to a veterinarian, where the pellet gun wound was discovered.
Due to the nature of the injuries, the kitten had to be euthanized.
Anyone with information on this act of animal cruelty is urged to call the Nassau County SPCA at 516-THE-SPCA. All calls will be kept confidential.
long island, massapequa, animal abuse, long island news
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting 10 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls 22 min ago
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying 31 min ago
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster 52 min ago
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry...
52 min ago