Long Island News
Kitten put down after being shot with pellet gun on Long Island
MASSAPEQUA (WABC) -- The Nassau County SPCA is offering a $1,500 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons who shot a kitten with a pellet gun.
The injured 8-week-old kitten was first spotted in Massapequa on July 20, while All About Spay Neuter was working with a Sunset Boulevard resident on a Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) project.
The kitten was trapped on August 2 and taken to a veterinarian, where the pellet gun wound was discovered.
Due to the nature of the injuries, the kitten had to be euthanized.
Anyone with information on this act of animal cruelty is urged to call the Nassau County SPCA at 516-THE-SPCA. All calls will be kept confidential.
long island, massapequa, animal abuse, long island news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster 58 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC 49 min ago
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
58 min ago