Long Island News
Kitten put down after being shot with pellet gun on Long Island
MASSAPEQUA (WABC) -- The Nassau County SPCA is offering a $1,500 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons who shot a kitten with a pellet gun.
The injured 8-week-old kitten was first spotted in Massapequa on July 20, while All About Spay Neuter was working with a Sunset Boulevard resident on a Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) project.
The kitten was trapped on August 2 and taken to a veterinarian, where the pellet gun wound was discovered.
Due to the nature of the injuries, the kitten had to be euthanized.
Anyone with information on this act of animal cruelty is urged to call the Nassau County SPCA at 516-THE-SPCA. All calls will be kept confidential.
long island, massapequa, animal abuse, long island news
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case 16 min ago
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion 11 min ago
- Yonkers family jumps from window to escape fire
- Photos: 4 injured in Yonkers fire
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Black ice warnings as bitter cold sets in
- Police ID suspect in theft of 1-year old's earrings
- Mega Millions jackpot grows to $400 Million 49 min ago
- FDA pushes to get antibiotics out of meat
- LI pet store thief wanted for stealing puppy
- Interpreter at Mandela ceremony called a 'fake'