Long Island News
Long Island burglary suspect tried pitchfork, police say
ROOSEVELT, N.Y. -- Police say a man tried to break into a Long Island home with an unusual burglars' tool - a pitchfork.
The 39-year-old man was awaiting arraignment Sunday in a Nassau County court.
Police say he tried to use the farm implement to break down the door of a house on Fulton Avenue in Roosevelt on Saturday.
A 58-year-old woman was home and called police. She and the man know each other.
Police say they found him nearby, riding a bicycle that had been reported stolen earlier in the day.
He has been arrested on attempted burglary and other charges. He's awaiting arraignment.
long island, roosevelt, burglary, long island news
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers
- Freight train, truck collide in West Nyack
- Surveillance video released in "Baby Angel" case
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- Photos: Long Island Rail Road massacre
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City 39 min ago
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Robinson Cano to sign with Mariners
- Photos: Robinson Cano through the years
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
39 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos