Long Island News
Long Island burglary suspect tried pitchfork, police say
ROOSEVELT, N.Y. -- Police say a man tried to break into a Long Island home with an unusual burglars' tool - a pitchfork.
The 39-year-old man was awaiting arraignment Sunday in a Nassau County court.
Police say he tried to use the farm implement to break down the door of a house on Fulton Avenue in Roosevelt on Saturday.
A 58-year-old woman was home and called police. She and the man know each other.
Police say they found him nearby, riding a bicycle that had been reported stolen earlier in the day.
He has been arrested on attempted burglary and other charges. He's awaiting arraignment.
long island, roosevelt, burglary, long island news
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly 9 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
9 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos