Long Island News
Long Island man charged with raping 13-year-old girl
BAYVILLE (WABC) -- A 25-year-old Long Island man is under arrested, accused of raping a teenage girl.
Police say Tereso DeJesus Ruiz-Hernandez met the young teen on Facebook last month, telling her he was 18, while she admitted being 13.
They say he arranged to meet the victim on multiple occasions in Glen Cove. During these encounters, he allegedly engaged in sexual activity with the victim in his car.
Police say that on August 9, an alert patrol officer noticed a 2001 Nissan Maxima sitting in the parking lot of the tennis courts near Glen Cove High School on Old Tappan Road.
The officer investigated and found the suspect with the girl, fully clothed and just talking. The officer thought it was suspicious and drove the girl home.
She denied that anything had happened, but two days later her family called police and said this had been their fourth encounter.
They had apparently met for sex three different times.
Police believe if the cop hadn't interrupted them, it would have been a fourth time.
The investigation led to the arrest of Ruiz-Hernandez on Monday at 6:50 p.m. in his Bayville home. Police are reportedly examining his phone and computer.
Detectives request anyone who may know of additional victims to contact Nassau County Special Victims Squad or your local police department.
Ruiz-Hernandez is charged with second-degree rape and two counts of second-degree criminal sexual act. Bail was set at $20,000 cash or bond.
long island, glen cove, rape, long island news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday 5 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges coming in death of Baruch College student, prosecutor...
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Barrios-Paoli tapped to head health and human services
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar 54 min ago
- Fire burns through house in New Brunswick
- Photos: New Brunswick, New Jersey house fire
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating
- George Bush writes letter to Alabama kicker after big loss
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
5 min ago