Long Island News
Dog killed after attacking police officer in Suffolk County
BRENTWOOD, N.Y. (WABC) -- A police officer in Suffolk County is recovering after shooting and killing a dog that attacked him.
The officer responded to a call about a loose dog growling at people near a car wash in Brentwood Tuesday afternoon.
A witness managed to calm the dog down with food.
But when the officer tried to read the dog's tag, it bit him.
The officer shot the dog, but it got back up and attacked him again.
A second shot killed the dog.
Police don't have the owner's information or the breed.
long island, brentwood, dog attack, dog, long island news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ