Long Island News
Dog killed after attacking police officer in Suffolk County
BRENTWOOD, N.Y. (WABC) -- A police officer in Suffolk County is recovering after shooting and killing a dog that attacked him.
The officer responded to a call about a loose dog growling at people near a car wash in Brentwood Tuesday afternoon.
A witness managed to calm the dog down with food.
But when the officer tried to read the dog's tag, it bit him.
The officer shot the dog, but it got back up and attacked him again.
A second shot killed the dog.
Police don't have the owner's information or the breed.
long island, brentwood, dog attack, dog, long island news
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea
- Robbery suspect in custody after Astoria manhunt 45 min ago
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Video released in murder of Brooklyn bodega clerk
- Police identify suspect in Bronx subway exposure
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Alleged serial bank robber nabbed in Greenwich Village 58 min ago
- Woman charged Thursday with neglect after living in a van with...
- Astronomers spot most Earth-like planet yet
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos