Long Island News
Long Island man in custody linked to handprint at burglary scene
FARMINGDALE (WABC) -- A Long Island man is under arrest, accused of burglarizing a home in Farmingdale.
Police say Wilfi Rosario Rodriguez broke into the home in April, after the 56-year-old female victim discovered her Staples Street home had been entered.
Investigators were searching for a suspect based on a handprint found on a window in the home.
They were able to identify Rodriguez while he was being held at a Suffolk County court on non- related charges Tuesday.
Rodriguez is charged with second-degree burglary.
long island, farmingdale, burglary, long island news
- 3 lanes blocked on GWB due to maintenance
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Bipolar teen missing from Suffolk County
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen