Long Island News
Intruder found at Jennifer Lopez's Hamptons estate
SOUTHAMPTON -- Police say an intruder had been living for a week on Jennifer Lopez's property in the Hamptons while she was away.
Southampton police said Wednesday the entertainer had an order of protection against 49-year-old John Dubis of Rhode Island. Information on why the order was obtained wasn't immediately available.
Workers found Dubis on the Water Mill property on August 8 and called police.
He was arraigned the following day on charges of burglary, criminal contempt, stalking and possession of burglar tools. He's due in court Aug. 28.
Dubis is being held on $100,000 bail.
Newsday says the publicist for the singer-actress couldn't be reached for comment and it was unclear whether Dubis had a lawyer.
Lopez bought the 3-acre Water Mill mansion in May.
long island, jennifer lopez, southampton, long island news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow changes to rain and ice, causing slick roads 34 min ago
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- New warning about potentially dangerous toys
- MTA announces new safety measures after derailment 27 min ago
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- New Jersey black bear hunt set for Monday 53 min ago
- Paul Walker memorial draws thousands in California 45 min ago
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos