Long Island News
Suspect charged with murder after man dies on LIRR tracks
BELLMORE, N.Y. (WABC) -- A Long Island man is under arrest in connection with an altercation that left another man dead on the LIRR tracks in Bellmore.
An initial call to police Saturday morning reported that a man had fallen from a station platform onto the track area of the Bellmore station after possibly suffering a seizure.
But investigators later learned that a verbal dispute turned into a physical altercation at the station.
34-year old Niheim Levy of Roosevelt has been charged with murder and robbery.
Police say he got into an altercation with the 49-year old Freeport man, whose identity has not yet been released.
The Nassau County and MTA Police Departments are continuing to investigate the incident, which did not involve any trains.
long island, bellmore, long island railroad, murder, long island news
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder 6 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Rescuers continue scouring rubble in East Harlem
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Teen shot, apparently by brother, in Queens 34 min ago
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel
- Jersey City fire victims to be laid to rest Friday
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Vandals dressed up like rock stars go on rampage
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
6 min ago