Long Island News
Suspect charged with murder after man dies on LIRR tracks
BELLMORE, N.Y. (WABC) -- A Long Island man is under arrest in connection with an altercation that left another man dead on the LIRR tracks in Bellmore.
An initial call to police Saturday morning reported that a man had fallen from a station platform onto the track area of the Bellmore station after possibly suffering a seizure.
But investigators later learned that a verbal dispute turned into a physical altercation at the station.
34-year old Niheim Levy of Roosevelt has been charged with murder and robbery.
Police say he got into an altercation with the 49-year old Freeport man, whose identity has not yet been released.
The Nassau County and MTA Police Departments are continuing to investigate the incident, which did not involve any trains.
long island, bellmore, long island railroad, murder, long island news
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela 5 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend 25 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City 5 min ago
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later 3 min ago
- Metro-North derailment victim Jim Lovell to be laid to rest 53 min ago
- L train signal problems in Brooklyn
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner
- Police search for suspect in Brooklyn shooting
- Search for suspects in subway attack on two women
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
25 min ago