Long Island News
Suspect charged with murder after man dies on LIRR tracks
BELLMORE, N.Y. (WABC) -- A Long Island man is under arrest in connection with an altercation that left another man dead on the LIRR tracks in Bellmore.
An initial call to police Saturday morning reported that a man had fallen from a station platform onto the track area of the Bellmore station after possibly suffering a seizure.
But investigators later learned that a verbal dispute turned into a physical altercation at the station.
34-year old Niheim Levy of Roosevelt has been charged with murder and robbery.
Police say he got into an altercation with the 49-year old Freeport man, whose identity has not yet been released.
The Nassau County and MTA Police Departments are continuing to investigate the incident, which did not involve any trains.
long island, bellmore, long island railroad, murder, long island news
- Winter Weather Advisory
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City 40 min ago
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
- New Jersey preparing for another dose of snow
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice 38 min ago
- Homeless shelter charity and giving tips 45 min ago
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- No tailgating to be allowed at NY/NJ Super Bowl
- Newtown families create website to honor Sandy Hook victims
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash