Long Island News
Suspect charged with murder after man dies on LIRR tracks
BELLMORE, N.Y. (WABC) -- A Long Island man is under arrest in connection with an altercation that left another man dead on the LIRR tracks in Bellmore.
An initial call to police Saturday morning reported that a man had fallen from a station platform onto the track area of the Bellmore station after possibly suffering a seizure.
But investigators later learned that a verbal dispute turned into a physical altercation at the station.
34-year old Niheim Levy of Roosevelt has been charged with murder and robbery.
Police say he got into an altercation with the 49-year old Freeport man, whose identity has not yet been released.
The Nassau County and MTA Police Departments are continuing to investigate the incident, which did not involve any trains.
long island, bellmore, long island railroad, murder, long island news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 40 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- Bill would require equal access to tenant amenities 46 min ago
- Liam Neeson to tour stables amid carriage horse debate 27 min ago
- Stage collapses at California high school; dozens hurt
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Here and Now
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams