Long Island News
Man caught breaking into cars at Long Island seafood festival
SAYVILLE (WABC) -- A Long Island man is facing charges for quite a list of theft, drug and weapons violations.
Police say they caught 20-year-old Nicholas Montalbano, of East Islip, trying to break into cars at a seafood festival in West Sayville Sunday.
His pockets were allegedly packed with stolen credit cards, drugs, a switchblade and an assortment of electronic gear.
Detectives say the recovered items had been stolen from cars in Bayport, Bohemia, Sayville and Montauk.
Montalbano is charged with grand larceny, petty larceny, criminal possession of stolen property, criminal possession of a controlled substance, criminal possession of a weapon and unlawful possession of marijuana.
long island, sayville, theft, long island news
- New measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death 52 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309M for Tuesday drawing
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom 19 min ago
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos