Long Island News
2 men attacked with machete during Shirley home invasion
SHIRLEY (WABC) -- Two men were attacked by a pair of machete wielding suspects who burst into a house on Long Island late Thursday.
The victims were attacked in the home on Surrey Circle in Shirley around 11:30 p.m.
They were taken to Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center in East Patchogue with non-life threatening injuries.
One man received stitches to his head, while the other had a leg injury. A third resident was uninjured.
Police say the suspects, carrying a machete, burst into the house, attacked the victims and made off with cash and cell phones.
Authorities believe the house was targeted.
No arrests were immediately made.
long island, shirley, home invasion, long island news
- Bus accident on Route 3 in Clifton 50 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos 18 min ago
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- 10 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in Newark
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident 49 min ago
- Annual 'Pokey,' 'Schleppie' awards for MTA bus service
- Rangel announces run for 23rd term
- Jersey City main breaks; boil water advisory in effect
- Screw Magazine publisher Al Goldstein dies at 77
- Georgia winner of Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos