Long Island News
2 men attacked with machete during Shirley home invasion
SHIRLEY (WABC) -- Two men were attacked by a pair of machete wielding suspects who burst into a house on Long Island late Thursday.
The victims were attacked in the home on Surrey Circle in Shirley around 11:30 p.m.
They were taken to Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center in East Patchogue with non-life threatening injuries.
One man received stitches to his head, while the other had a leg injury. A third resident was uninjured.
Police say the suspects, carrying a machete, burst into the house, attacked the victims and made off with cash and cell phones.
Authorities believe the house was targeted.
No arrests were immediately made.
long island, shirley, home invasion, long island news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash