Long Island News
Motorcyclist critically injured by alleged drunk driver in Suffolk County
GREENLAWN, N.Y. (WABC) -- A Huntington woman is charged with DWI after police say she hit and critically injured a motorcylist Friday night.
A Huntington woman is charged with DWI after police say she hit and critically injured a motorcylist Friday night. Suffolk County Police say 51-year old Connie O'Hara was driving her 2013 Volkswagen west on Pulaski Road in Greenlawn at about 7:15 when she tried to make a left onto Butterfield Drive. According to police, her car collided with a Honda motorcycle driven by 52-year old Karen Labarbera of East Northport. Labarbera was taken to Stony Brook University Hospital with head and leg injuries, and is listed in critical condition. O'Hara was arrested and charged with Driving While Intoxicated. Both vehicles were impounded for safety checks. Detectives are asking anyone with information about this crash to contact Vehicular Crime Unit at 631-852-6555 or call anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS.
long island, suffolk county, accident, dwi, drunk driving, long island news
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky 29 min ago
- AccuWeather: Chilly Wednesday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 2 winning tickets sold in $636 million Mega Millions 6 min ago
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
- LIE in Suffolk County reopens
- Family pushes for drug/alcohol testing after fatal accidents
- EXCLUSIVE: Suspect arrested in 'knockout' assaults
- Short Hills Mall shooting: Funeral arrangements announced
- ACS workers reach plea deal in girl's death
- Anchorman 2 cast talks about much-anticipated sequel
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway 31 min ago
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos