Long Island News
Motorcyclist critically injured by alleged drunk driver in Suffolk County
GREENLAWN, N.Y. (WABC) -- A Huntington woman is charged with DWI after police say she hit and critically injured a motorcylist Friday night.
A Huntington woman is charged with DWI after police say she hit and critically injured a motorcylist Friday night. Suffolk County Police say 51-year old Connie O'Hara was driving her 2013 Volkswagen west on Pulaski Road in Greenlawn at about 7:15 when she tried to make a left onto Butterfield Drive. According to police, her car collided with a Honda motorcycle driven by 52-year old Karen Labarbera of East Northport. Labarbera was taken to Stony Brook University Hospital with head and leg injuries, and is listed in critical condition. O'Hara was arrested and charged with Driving While Intoxicated. Both vehicles were impounded for safety checks. Detectives are asking anyone with information about this crash to contact Vehicular Crime Unit at 631-852-6555 or call anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS.
long island, suffolk county, accident, dwi, drunk driving, long island news
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze to be laid to rest
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- Sketch released of suspect in Queens attempted luring
- Baby critical after DWI firefighter hits pregnant woman
- Man stiffs livery cab driver, punches him in the face
- Obama's warnings brushed aside by Russia's Vladimir Putin
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- $270 million up for grabs in Friday Mega Millions drawing
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos