Long Island News
Motorcyclist critically injured by alleged drunk driver in Suffolk County
GREENLAWN, N.Y. (WABC) -- A Huntington woman is charged with DWI after police say she hit and critically injured a motorcylist Friday night.
A Huntington woman is charged with DWI after police say she hit and critically injured a motorcylist Friday night. Suffolk County Police say 51-year old Connie O'Hara was driving her 2013 Volkswagen west on Pulaski Road in Greenlawn at about 7:15 when she tried to make a left onto Butterfield Drive. According to police, her car collided with a Honda motorcycle driven by 52-year old Karen Labarbera of East Northport. Labarbera was taken to Stony Brook University Hospital with head and leg injuries, and is listed in critical condition. O'Hara was arrested and charged with Driving While Intoxicated. Both vehicles were impounded for safety checks. Detectives are asking anyone with information about this crash to contact Vehicular Crime Unit at 631-852-6555 or call anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS.
long island, suffolk county, accident, dwi, drunk driving, long island news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead 21 min ago
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos