Long Island News
Bicyclist killed in Dix Hills hit-and-run
DIX HILLS, N.Y. (WABC) -- Police on Long Island have made an arrest in the hit and run death of a bicyclist.
44-year-old Ricardo Fernandez was found dead on the Northern Service Road of the Long Island Expressway in Dix Hills Monday morning by a driver.
Police say they found him lying alongside a racing bike.
28-year-old Albert Dibernardo of Melville has been charged with Leaving the Scene of an Incident Without Reporting Involving a Fatality.
He is scheduled to be arraigned at First District Court in Central Islip on Tuesday.
long island, hit and run accident, bicyclist killed, long island news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ