Long Island News
Bicyclist killed in Dix Hills hit-and-run
DIX HILLS, N.Y. (WABC) -- Police on Long Island have made an arrest in the hit and run death of a bicyclist.
44-year-old Ricardo Fernandez was found dead on the Northern Service Road of the Long Island Expressway in Dix Hills Monday morning by a driver.
Police say they found him lying alongside a racing bike.
28-year-old Albert Dibernardo of Melville has been charged with Leaving the Scene of an Incident Without Reporting Involving a Fatality.
He is scheduled to be arraigned at First District Court in Central Islip on Tuesday.
long island, hit and run accident, bicyclist killed, long island news
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder 38 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus 48 min ago
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing teen Muslim girl 56 min ago
- NYPD to end Muslim surveillance program
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Jackie Robinson debut
- Miley Cyrus skips concert, is hospitalized
- Boston marks 1 year since deadly Marathon bombings
- Dog saved from burning home in Brooklyn by FDNY
- 13-year-old bystander shot in head in Brooklyn 49 min ago
- Baby found in Victoria's Secret bag died of asphyxia 14 min ago
- Community rallies around 13-year-old victim...
50 min ago
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
38 min ago
- Party bus goes very awry on Long Island
49 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos