Long Island News
Bicyclist killed in Dix Hills hit-and-run
DIX HILLS, N.Y. (WABC) -- Police on Long Island have made an arrest in the hit and run death of a bicyclist.
44-year-old Ricardo Fernandez was found dead on the Northern Service Road of the Long Island Expressway in Dix Hills Monday morning by a driver.
Police say they found him lying alongside a racing bike.
28-year-old Albert Dibernardo of Melville has been charged with Leaving the Scene of an Incident Without Reporting Involving a Fatality.
He is scheduled to be arraigned at First District Court in Central Islip on Tuesday.
long island, hit and run accident, bicyclist killed, long island news
- Teen clerk beaten in deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
- Surprise field day for kids from burned-down school
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos