Long Island News
Rash of robberies reported at Stony Brook University
STONY BROOK -- Police are investigating after students at Stony Brook University reported being threatened with a weapon before being robbed.
Suffolk County police say the first incident occurred on Sunday around 10:20 p.m. A student was walking along the bike path next to the athletic fields when he was approached by a group of men. Police say one of the suspects displayed a knife and stole the victim's cell phone and wallet before fleeing.
On Tuesday, around 12:50 a.m., three students were walking in the same area when they were approached by two men wearing ski masks. Police say one of the men produced what appeared to be an Airsoft gun and demanded money from the students.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS.
long island, stony brook university, stony brook, robbery, long island news
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
- Search for suspects in Riverhead robbery and assault 32 min ago
- Robbery suspect in custody after Astoria manhunt
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Video released in murder of Brooklyn bodega clerk
- Magnitude-7.5 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Police identify suspect in Bronx subway exposure
- Alleged serial bank robber nabbed in Greenwich Village