Long Island News
Rash of robberies reported at Stony Brook University
STONY BROOK -- Police are investigating after students at Stony Brook University reported being threatened with a weapon before being robbed.
Suffolk County police say the first incident occurred on Sunday around 10:20 p.m. A student was walking along the bike path next to the athletic fields when he was approached by a group of men. Police say one of the suspects displayed a knife and stole the victim's cell phone and wallet before fleeing.
On Tuesday, around 12:50 a.m., three students were walking in the same area when they were approached by two men wearing ski masks. Police say one of the men produced what appeared to be an Airsoft gun and demanded money from the students.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS.
long island, stony brook university, stony brook, robbery, long island news
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center 14 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way 51 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam 17 min ago
- Teen girl shot in leg in Coney Island
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 18 min ago
- Missing Malaysia plane changed course, military says
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day...
14 min ago
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
17 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
51 min ago
- Man who took video explains high school fued
9 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos