Long Island News
Rash of robberies reported at Stony Brook University
STONY BROOK -- Police are investigating after students at Stony Brook University reported being threatened with a weapon before being robbed.
Suffolk County police say the first incident occurred on Sunday around 10:20 p.m. A student was walking along the bike path next to the athletic fields when he was approached by a group of men. Police say one of the suspects displayed a knife and stole the victim's cell phone and wallet before fleeing.
On Tuesday, around 12:50 a.m., three students were walking in the same area when they were approached by two men wearing ski masks. Police say one of the men produced what appeared to be an Airsoft gun and demanded money from the students.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS.
long island, stony brook university, stony brook, robbery, long island news
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian diplomat
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- Next City Council Speaker likely Melissa Mark-Viverito
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- O' Christmas tree, you're alive?! Student scares school
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos