Long Island News
Rash of robberies reported at Stony Brook University
STONY BROOK -- Police are investigating after students at Stony Brook University reported being threatened with a weapon before being robbed.
Suffolk County police say the first incident occurred on Sunday around 10:20 p.m. A student was walking along the bike path next to the athletic fields when he was approached by a group of men. Police say one of the suspects displayed a knife and stole the victim's cell phone and wallet before fleeing.
On Tuesday, around 12:50 a.m., three students were walking in the same area when they were approached by two men wearing ski masks. Police say one of the men produced what appeared to be an Airsoft gun and demanded money from the students.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS.
long island, stony brook university, stony brook, robbery, long island news
- Snowstorm moves into New York area
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures
- New Jersey getting hit with another dose of snow 37 min ago
- Snow falling on Long Island 20 min ago
- Snow coming down in New York City 13 min ago
- Off-duty officer killed in Queens after crashing into storefront 32 min ago
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela at memorial
- Photos: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service
- Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Raul Castro 39 min ago
- Justin Bieber visits Philippine typhoon victims 2 min ago
- WestJet plays Santa to 250 lucky passengers 14 min ago
- Snow coming down in New York City
13 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos