Long Island News
Rash of robberies reported at Stony Brook University
STONY BROOK -- Police are investigating after students at Stony Brook University reported being threatened with a weapon before being robbed.
Suffolk County police say the first incident occurred on Sunday around 10:20 p.m. A student was walking along the bike path next to the athletic fields when he was approached by a group of men. Police say one of the suspects displayed a knife and stole the victim's cell phone and wallet before fleeing.
On Tuesday, around 12:50 a.m., three students were walking in the same area when they were approached by two men wearing ski masks. Police say one of the men produced what appeared to be an Airsoft gun and demanded money from the students.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS.
long island, stony brook university, stony brook, robbery, long island news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos