Long Island News
Possible sex assault pattern probed on Long Island
VALLEY STREAM, N.Y. (WABC) -- Police are trying to find out whether three brutal attacks on women on Long Island are linked to the same suspect.
It's eerie to look at, sketches from two different sexual attacks.
The face looks quite similar.
A man who didn't want to be identified says he believes it's the same guy who attacked his wife as she was walking down Mill Road in Valley Stream.
"I found her in the street, bloody, she was upset," he said.
The suspect was on a bike when he grabbed the woman who is seven months pregnant.
When she ran toward her house, the suspect pushed her to the ground, punched her in the face and tried to rip off her clothes.
The woman was able to fight him off.
"She's feisty, she got back at him. I'm grateful for that. I'm worried about the next person. I'm worried about other people's children, people's wives," the victim's husband said.
Minutes before that attack just down the road Zsa LeJean says a man broke into her house, started hitting her and tried to take off her pants.
"He was trying to kill me," LeJean said.
Thursday there was heightened security at Valley Stream State Park where a 60-year-old woman was raped Sunday at 11 in the morning.
All three attacks happened about a half mile from each other.
Police say they are investigating whether the same man is responsible.
"I wish he would just give himself up and get some help, it really is just a sickness that he has probably, but I don't want him to hurt anybody else," said Maureen Candreva, a Valley Stream resident.
Detectives ask anyone with information about this crime to contact Nassau County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-TIPS. All callers will remain anonymous.
long island news, assault, valley stream, long island news, kristin thorne
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery 21 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday 1 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run 14 min ago
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets 12 min ago
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
21 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
1 min ago