Long Island News
Possible sex assault pattern probed on Long Island
VALLEY STREAM, N.Y. (WABC) -- Police are trying to find out whether three brutal attacks on women on Long Island are linked to the same suspect.
It's eerie to look at, sketches from two different sexual attacks.
The face looks quite similar.
A man who didn't want to be identified says he believes it's the same guy who attacked his wife as she was walking down Mill Road in Valley Stream.
"I found her in the street, bloody, she was upset," he said.
The suspect was on a bike when he grabbed the woman who is seven months pregnant.
When she ran toward her house, the suspect pushed her to the ground, punched her in the face and tried to rip off her clothes.
The woman was able to fight him off.
"She's feisty, she got back at him. I'm grateful for that. I'm worried about the next person. I'm worried about other people's children, people's wives," the victim's husband said.
Minutes before that attack just down the road Zsa LeJean says a man broke into her house, started hitting her and tried to take off her pants.
"He was trying to kill me," LeJean said.
Thursday there was heightened security at Valley Stream State Park where a 60-year-old woman was raped Sunday at 11 in the morning.
All three attacks happened about a half mile from each other.
Police say they are investigating whether the same man is responsible.
"I wish he would just give himself up and get some help, it really is just a sickness that he has probably, but I don't want him to hurt anybody else," said Maureen Candreva, a Valley Stream resident.
Detectives ask anyone with information about this crime to contact Nassau County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-TIPS. All callers will remain anonymous.
long island news, assault, valley stream, long island news, kristin thorne
- Missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy possibly found 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- UWS street to be renamed after 4-year-old Ariel Russo
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- UCONN sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing
- CT hockey referee arrested after removing child from ice
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy possibly...
2 min ago