Long Island News
Man charged with murder after shootout at Bohemia motel
BOHEMIA (WABC) -- Police on Long Island have charged a man with murder as well as attempted murder, after a shootout with officers.
Authorities say 24-year old Stoker Olukotun Williams of Bay Shore shot at the officers early Saturday morning, when they arrived at the MacArthur Inn in Bohemia to investigate a murder.
When officers arrived at the inn, they were directed to a room in the back. When they knocked on the door, police say Williams emerged with a gun, and started shooting. The officers returned fire, and the suspect fled to a wooded area.
Neither officer was wounded.
Inside the room, police found the body of 24-year-old Shalece Cunningham, of Bay Shore. She had been shot in the head. Two friends of the victim were also in the room, but were unharmed.
It is not clear if the suspect had a relationship with the victim.
long island news, suffolk county news, nassau county news, bohemia, shooting, police shooting, long island news
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn 7 min ago
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
7 min ago