Long Island News
Hempstead home ravaged by early morning fire
HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. (WABC) -- A fire early Saturday morning ripped through a home in Hempstead, Long Island.
The fire broke out about 2:30 a.m. in the rear of a house on Cornwall Lane.
There were seven people inside the home, and all managed to make it out safely.
No injuries have been reported.
Some neighbors came over to alert the occupants of the fire.
There had been reports of a possible explosion, but investigators believe that might have been the sounds of combustible material that ignited.
The Red Cross is helping the residents who were displaced.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
long island news, long island, fire, long island news
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Two lanes blocked on GWB due to maintenance
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Metro-North derailment sparks rules review
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen